Current prospective students, members of Generation Z (born from 1997 to 2012), consume media, shop, and behave entirely differently than their Millennial or Gen X counterparts. Enrollment marketers need to match their enrollment marketing strategies accordingly. The University Enrollment Explorer™ will be the only research study that compares current marketing communication strategies against the media consumption and behavioral habits of prospective students. Prospective students have changed, and enrollment marketing tactics need to adapt, as well. This research will provide specific ways how.
Thinking Cap will be conducting a three-wave study from March 2020 – August 2020.
Wave 1: Students
- Total student sample size = 1,800
- 4-year college/university: n=400
- 2-year/community: n=500
- Grad school: n=600
- Professional courses: n=300
- Respondents recruited via online panel with national representation across all college segments pursuing a degree or professional certificate.
- Fielded on March 10th to March 16th, 2020
- Overall results have a sampling error of +/- 4 percentage points of what they would be if the entire U.S. college had been polled
Wave 2: Students
- To be fielded in August 2020
Wave 3: Marketers
- In progress